katiesharpphotography.com

Psalm 106:1

Praise the Lord. Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.

Thursday, June 25, 2009

This week

Well, this has just been the most fantastic week (I am holding my breath after making a statement like that though). Seriously though, we got a contract on our house in Florida and Baby K has been phenomenal! She has been very obedient, happy and has not thrown but a couple kicking and flailing fits all week. I have looked forward to going to get her up every morning and from her naps. She has been such a playful and happy little baby. I admit I usually pray she will sleep longer during naps and in the a.m. because so many days she just fights me all day, but not this week. I am hoping this lasts through the weekend so that HH can experience it. He won't believe his eyes OR EARS!!! I am so thankful for this week. It has been my favorite week thus far as a mommy.

On another note, I have given up (for some time now) tea, cokes, anything with carbonation or caffeine, most chocolate, tomatoes, citrus and I am sure there are more things that aren't popping in my head. This has been all in the name of getting my reflux in check. After 14 weeks of not sleeping but about 3 hours a night at least 5 days a week, it is better! I am still not eating/drinking the above foods, but the doctor changed (and finally got the insurance company to pay for) my meds last week and it was a night and day difference. I have slept through the night for the last 7 days! Praise God!!!!!

Still, I have struggled with giving up sweet tea. I had been reading online what I could have that would be similar and they said to try green tea. Well, I didn't want hot tea and had thought about buying some green tea bags (do they make these???) like the regular tea bags to brew a pitcher of green tea and add some good old fashioned sugar, but hadn't remembered to pick up the tea bags at Walmart. Well, today I was at Sam's buying my husband's work some more coffee because tragically when he arrived this a.m. there was NONE. I decided that Baby K and I would split a hot dog combo and when I went to get my drink they had "sweetened green tea". Go figure! I am still not sold on it as a replacement for regular sweet tea, but I have to admit, I really have enjoyed it! Whoo hoo!!!

Okay, signing off now. I have some bible study to work on.

Love you all!
K

2 comments:

Shea said...

So so happy for you! A contract AND a happy child! That is a great week! I am sorry you are having to give up sweet tea, but there are a lot of bottled versions of different green tea things that I hear people rave about - not sure the specifics on those though. I'm sure you'll find some good alternatives though and still feel good!

Laura said...

Hey Kara!
That is great that Kinsley is being such a great baby. We all need a break from some of the "not so pleasant" behavior they give us sometimes.

On the Green Tea note...BE CAREFUL. Ask your MD (OBGYN) if its ok. Green Tea isn't good for people with some health conditions. However, otherwise its EXTREMELY healthy. However, beware of the sweented Green Teas in the store. If you look at them, a lot have Ginseng which you shouldn't have at all while pregnant. The other thing they have is High Fructose Corn Syrup. Try buying just the Green Tea bags, and brewing like normal tea. You can add honey, like the sweentened ones in the store for a little more sweetness. There are also black teas and pecoe teas which are caffeine free in bags. Just look at the label of the one you bought to see if it has ginseng or high fructose corn syrup...both are bad during pregnancies. :-)