katiesharpphotography.com

Psalm 106:1

Praise the Lord. Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.

Monday, March 30, 2009

The weekend....



So, this weekend was a great one! My sweet husband put a swingset and a porch swing (which Baby K was enjoying in the picture above) together for me and got me a crockpot for my birthday. Does it get any better??? I am one spoiled rotten wife. I admit it.

I realize that most women want diamonds, trips to the spa, etc. on their birthdays, but I prefer practical gifts. Always have. Over the last 4 years I have gotten gifts like a mixer, food processor, toaster oven, are you seeing a trend? Now, I am not saying that my husband gets off the hook with the expensive diamonds and other jewelry, I just usually want things that make me a more efficient wife and now mom... they are still not cheap! In saying all that, I am soooo excited about my new crockpot! It is a 5 quarter!!!! I am having family in town next week and just went to Sam and got a 5 lb. roast. You know what?? It will fit in the crockpot! My HH laughed at what he called my "dinky crockpot" when he got home from work one day last week. After opening my new one I confessed that I bought that one at a garage sale 3 years ago (very much already used) for $3!!! LOL Hey, if it works, why not??

Our swingset is put together and functional... in our garage!!! They are coming (supposedly- we shall see) tomorrow to fix our backyard disaster. It is a bit of a mess and is in not safe to put a swingset down. I am very ready for all the contractors to be done.

On another note, I just want to give a big thanks to my husband of almost 4 years for being more than I could have ever dreamed of. You are my rock and have made me a better person and I love you more than you could ever imagine!

No comments: