I laid down on the couch to feed our new little guy, with our little princess fast asleep in her big girl bed (for a couple of hours at a time anyway! ;), and within minutes my sweet husband and I had an interruption in our last Survivor date of 2009. What was that interruption you ask? Sleep! Within minutes I was fast asleep with an 8 lb., 6 oz. (yes, he has already grown 4 oz.!!!!!) little miracle on my chest. We slept for over an hour when HH came to help us off the couch and took over for a couple hours so I could get some sleep. I have to tell you, I have never felt so blessed in my whole life than when I woke up to see HH, little man and the monitor showing my sweet little girl fast asleep. I know life has it's ups and downs, but I couldn't imagine life being any better.... unless my house was squeaky clean that is. LOL Leaving that until next year. We will just continue to "maintain" the dishes, laundry and picking up until I am 100% again as I have already begun to realize the damage that can be done when overdoing it after a c-section. One side of my incision (sp?) is very swollen because apparently those are the ab muscles I tend to rely on the most and are not healing as well as the rest. It is quite painful when I tug on them so I am trying to remind myself that all these things that I am not accomplishing (i.e. a dirty shower, baseboards, floors, etc. the list just goes on and on!) can wait! I have a precious newborn and super sweet 21 month old that needs the energy that I have right now. I am so thankful that my Nana has been able to be here with us. She is such a huge help and I am glad that she tells me to stop! ;) Stubborn as I am, I don't usually stop, but I am working on that!
On another note, the last 2 nights little man has not had colic symptoms but a couple hours and they were early. As a matter of fact, I went to bed early the last couple of nights (well, tried, didn't really succeed) so that I could get a couple of hours of sleep before my "shift" started. Well, he brought him up to me and LM slept right through his first feeding to a 4 hour window instead of a 2 1/2 to 3! He has done that both nights! He didn't cry one bit the last couple of nights, I just got him up when he started to squirm and whimper, I fed him, changed him and laid him back down. Now, the little guy snorts like a little piggy all night so I must check on him a million and one times, but he is so precious sleeping in his bassinet like an angel! HH came in this morning and just shook his head when I told him that LM had gone 4 hours between both feedings last night. I am thinking he has labeled it "not fair at all", but I am not holding my breathe that it will stay this way, just thankful that it has lasted for 2 days! ;) Loving me some little ones this Christmas.
If I don't post again before then, Have a VERY Merry Christmas!
These are our Christmas pics for the year:
No comments:
Post a Comment