I went to the doctor today and am 38 weeks, 1 day. They did an ultrasound to see how much our little one has grown in the last few weeks. He is weighing in between 7 lbs., 12 oz. and 8 lbs., 8 oz. The ultrasound tech estimated that he will actually be between 7 1/2 pounds and 8 lbs., 2 oz. The doctor believes him to be 7 ish pounds right now. I have 10 days until delivery (unless he comes on his own earlier!) so he will likely gain another 1/2 to 1 pound. Good grief, it appears we have a whopper on our hands! The tech said in his face he looks just like Baby K, to which I whole-heartedly agree! The baby has my nose again and it looks like he has Baby K's pouty mouth. It will be so good to meet him next Friday, though I am very sad that Baby K cannot visit us at the hospital for fear of passing around the flu virus. I have only been away from her one other time overnight and it was for 2 nights back in April. It will be sooooo hard! I know she will be well taken care of, but she is my baby and has become very attached lately, in a super-sweet way! She crawled up in my lap today and asked me for a kiss. It was so sweet. She is very snuggly lately and loves to curl up with her daddy and I. We are such a blessed family to have her and to be expecting another little bundle of joy. I have learned in the last 20 months that mothering is the most challenging thing I have ever done, but also the most rewarding. She teaches me so much about Christ's love for all of us and has really taught me how to say I am sorry. I LOVE being her mommy! Thank you Lord for all your blessings!! We love you!
1 comment:
Can't wait to see him! Wish I could see him in person! And, so sad they won't let Kinsley into the hospital! It may be easier to meet him at home though - not as foreign to her and all.
Post a Comment