katiesharpphotography.com

Psalm 106:1

Praise the Lord. Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My summer projects

Okay, so at the end of each week I often wonder where my time went. I mean, come on, I stay at home and my house is by no means dirty, but not near as clean as I would like it. (I wouldn't suggest eating off my floors or drinking from my commodes anytime soon.)

Well, to make myself feel better I thought I would post about my projects.

It seems as though since my husband and I married 3 years ago, we have been in-between this or in-between that. By that I mean that we got married and got past the wedding- thank yous, moving my stuff into his home, and adjusting to married life while we tried to sell my house. Then, we decided to list "our" house about a year later and then again a year after that. So, between moving so many times and having to keep my crafts picked up all the time b/c realtors could drop by any time, I have not "crafted" at all in the last 3 years with the exception of the nursery bedding, curtains, etc. that Mom and I worked on before the baby arrived.

So, I say all that to let you know I have returned to crafting and am loving that when Little Bit naps I can spend a little time getting to know who I am again... aside from a wife and a mother.

Here are a couple of my latest projects... I will have to wait to reveal my most current ones for a couple of weeks.... You will see. :)

My friend Anna offered us her son's car seat as he was going to a big-boy seat and we jumped at the chance to have it for our little one. I recovered the blue parts (everywhere there is pink floweredy fabric) so that she could have a "pink" seat. :) I will never recover another car seat though b/c my thumbs still have not recovered. It had to be handstitched onto the top of the seat and carseat fabric is TOUGH!!! Next time our baby will just live with blue.... or should I say I will learn to live with blue. LOL It looked so easy, but after about 10 hours and purple fingers I was determined not to give up, so here it is.

A few weeks ago our little one started getting her limbs stuck outside of the crib. I am fearful of bumpers, so this was my creation to keep her limbs in. It is still soft, but stretched so tightly due to weaving it thru the bars that it is of little risk. Also, I made sure it was long enough to tie on the outside so that she can't get it off!

Well, that's all for now. Our love to all! Have a wonderful weekend. I probably won't blog much next week b/c my husband is taking a week off before he has to start his new job. I will be back around the 8th to blog some more!

No comments: