katiesharpphotography.com

Psalm 106:1

Praise the Lord. Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Our trip to the zoo - 8 13 08

I had to dig into my old trip to the zoo file to find this one of the black jaguar. Look closely and you can see his spots. He didn't let me get any good pics of him yesterday.

I am completely fascinated by plants as many of you know! Well, did you know there are entire ecosystems inside the "mouth" (my description) of a bromeliad? Well there is! Tiny animals such as shrimp, frogs and other insects live inside and feed off of the "plant" that springs out of the middle. They hold water and food. How cool is that? Some of them were starting to bloom yesterday and this one was in full bloom.


Devin smiles! (Usually he just says smile instead of actually smiling.) He is so cute.
By lunchtime she was out!

I was also fascinated by the lily pond. They were all so beautiful. I was wishing I could take a couple home!



The giraffes and elephants were my favorite.
My sweet baby girl.
Anna and Devin


No comments: