15 things I'm not scared to admit... or am I?
1. Obviously I spend way too much time on the computer... case in point.
2. I have just recently begun to rock my daughter and am so thankful that she is beginning to expect it because I ABSOLUTELY love it. (Yes, I was one of those moms that was not going to put her baby to bed already asleep so she could learn to "self-soothe... which for us took 5 mos.! LOL I missed out on a lot of rocking, huh?)
3. I have night terrors... I mean really, really, really bad dreams. People die all around me and I am trying, usually unsuccessfully, to save them. It has been really tough the last few weeks to sleep alone.
4. I have a very big fear of losing my child. (By losing I mean either losing her in a crowd or something horrible happening to her and the Lord taking her from me. Please Lord, I know you can hear me, please don't take her. I love her too much.)
5. I have never tasted beer or smoked a cigarette.
6. I DVR (and watch or at least listen to... in full) every episode of the Young and the Restless.
7. Every year I get more fearful and more dependent. Crazy how this happens. Used to I could have conquered the world. My husband tells me I still can, but I wouldn't know where to start. Right now I will just keep contemplating a part-time job while raising my daughter. :)
8. I love to cook but am not great at it... surprising that I still like to do it as I tend to want to be the best at everything I do... maybe a little perfectionism in me.
9. I had a call today from a sales rep from my last job asking a question about my old job because she thinks it may be being done incorrectly and I felt a sense of pride that she felt like I was the one who could set it straight. I really miss my old "non-mom" responsibilities. (But I LOVE my job as a mom... please don't mistake that for any ounce of regret.)
10. I absolutely love our home (right now... in Florida) and cried for days when my husband said we may be moving with his old job. After I got over the "we may be moving" I actually suggested him look elsewhere knowing we would have to move but secretly I am very sad that we are leaving here. This has really become home and even though it is our second home together, this is really home. I have never been happier in my life. Oh well, we will be happy in GA, right? :) At least we will be together again.
11. I snack way too much and eat way too little healthy food while being a stay-at-home mommy. One week I literally ate brownies for every meal... including breakfast. It is so hard to cook when your husband is out of town... just trust me on this one, especially with a 6 month old that only eats out of a jar!
12. I would love to have many more babies but have no idea how we would afford them, but still want them really badly.
13. I have days where tears are behind my eyes all day long and I feel like I am walking around squinting, but rarely ever really cry. (This is far different than when I was a child, the tears just flowed at the drop of a hat, right Mom?)
14. I am blessed beyond measure. More things in life have gone well for me than have not and for that I am immensely grateful. The Lord gives and takes away and I have found his timing is perfect, it just doesn't always seem so during the storm.
15. I take my dogs for granted. I love them so much but forget to show them often times because I get so wrapped up in chores, the baby or just doing things for myself. I have been trying to spend some cuddle time with them each day after the baby goes to bed. (See my pic below as to how well they all get along. LOL)
16. I often pause a 30 min. DVR'd show and stretch it for a full 8 hours because I never stop moving. I am constantly thinking of things I need to do, both productive and non-productive... again, case in point. :)
17. I touch up the paint in our home about once a month. I even organized each color into it's own screw on ziploc container for easy access. Yes, I am certifiably looney. I HATE to see nicks and scratches on my walls, especially in the stairway. I can't imagine what it will be like when little hand prints are everywhere.
Okay, so I went over. Did you really see me stopping at 15??
My love to all!
K
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment