katiesharpphotography.com

Psalm 106:1

Praise the Lord. Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.

Friday, January 30, 2009

Great things brewing...

I am so overwhelmed by the goodness in our lives, especially all the new things that are just getting going.

I have joined up with 5 other moms in the neighborhood and we have organized a "mommy time" swap. Basically two moms stay and watch all 6 mom's little munchkins and 4 moms go play (or go to the dr., or clean house, get a pedicure... you get the idea). It is starting Monday and I am in the first team of mommy's to watch the kiddos, so I get the next two Monday morning off. What will I do with myself for 3 hours?

That brings me to some more goodness! My Mom and Dad are coming to Charleston week after next, SOOOO I will be dropping LM off that Monday a.m. so I can carry our luggage, etc. out to the car and get dressed and packed and all that good stuff. I will be staying by myself with LM at a different hotel :( but will be able to hang out with Mom (aka Mimi) every day for 4 1/2 days! Praise the Lord for this wonderful trip!

On top of all this mommy stuff, when I moved here I joined a playgroup and it has grown to almost 20 moms, from about 5!!!! Praise God. We all get together one morning a week and it is madness. We love it, the kiddos love it and I am sooo thankful for all of these other SAHM's! It is great to have somewhere where your child can go and learn daycare-type principals like sharing, following guidance and direction from other adults, etc. in an at-home type environment.

More goodness? Well, yes there is! Me and 4 other ladies are starting a Beth Moore study, Believing God, at my casa late night once a week. We decided to do it late night so me and another mom could get our little ones in bed, take a shower and eat some dinner and the only rule is you must come in your jammies! Yeah! I am so stoked. I absolutely love all of the new ladies in my life. (in addition to the ladies that are already in my life, of course!)

So we have some goodness we can't share, but know that it was/is a blessing from God. Only he could have oriented it! (with the help of some really cool humans- you know who you are!)

Yes, there is more! Can you believe it? Blessed is what I call it, but I digress. Babies! Babies! Babies! All around me the stork will be dropping off babies! YEAH! My neighbor is due with her second little girl at any moment. My other neighbors daughter is due in May and a lady in my playgroup is due with TWINS in May but will probably deliver in April. I am SOOO stoked.

Oh yeah, on top off all of this I have finally found a doctor who is helping my back. I am awaiting a MRI to be scheduled but she has given me something to help me sleep at night. I had been laying up at night for ~3 hours trying to bear the pain and fall asleep. I am SOOO glad that this may all be behind me soon.

On another note, LM has started waving bye-bye. It is adorable. She doesn't do it for the words "bye-bye" she only does it when she is going to bed or if she sees someone leaving or if we are leaving. It is amazing how fast they pick up on things. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS AGE! She is so much fun.

Love you all more than we can say!

P.S. On another note, there is more that I want to share about yesterday's posts, but I need the other person who was involved (she knows as we had coorespondance about it) to give me permission to share our coorespondance off of facebook. I do not want to do it without her permission. So, ____ if you don't mind, please just leave me a comment or a note on facebook and let me know I can share. Thanks!

No comments: