katiesharpphotography.com

Psalm 106:1

Praise the Lord. Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.

Friday, January 23, 2009

The new camera wars...

So, we finally broke down and bought a dslr camera because I have taken about 10,000 pictures in the last 10 mos. and we thought it would be an investment that would pay off in sentimental ways. Well, it has not gone over too well. We ordered it on December 27th and just got it on January 20th or 21st. Was it worth the wait? Well, the picture quality is better and I LOVE IT, but LM on the other hand has a different opinion.

She hears the shutter and runs in the opposite direction. I tried to pull it out again yesterday and she threw herself down on the floor and crawled in "super speed" away. I would get back in front of her and she would turn around and crawl the other way. All of the pictures I took were... wait for it.... OF HER BACKSIDE CRAWLING AWAY!

Another example of good intentions. ;) I think it will be like the packing tape dispenser, drill, blowdryer, electric toothbrush, the list goes on. We have had to "break" her of her fear of all of these things and I am guessing the camera will just be another thing to break her of this new fear.

I am hoping by her birthday she will not be afraid and I will get some good pictures. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Shea said...

So glad y'all had a great day the other day. And, hopefully, she will get use to that camera! =) Oh and by the way, I've always called Savannah "Little Miss" - funny. Hope y'all are doing well!