Oh my goodness, could this day have been any better? If so, I think I would have had to pinch myself.
You are all probably thinking we won the lottery or something and are getting ready to call us for a visit, but I assure you that is not the case! We still have two houses to sell and the hubby is working longer hours because they got the green light to start moving dirt (praise God), but as a mom I could not have had a better day.
From this point on, my checklist, is only for my own sake, not bragging. I just want to be able to look back at this post on a bad day and smile because today was so good.
I started the morning with Little Miss (I think that may be her new blog name) crying at 6 a.m. I ignored the crying for what felt like only 5 or 10 min. and she fell back asleep.... til 8 a.m.!!!! Whoo hoo!! Oh yeah, and she woke up happy... it has been ages since she hasn't woken up crying. I got up, started a load of clothes, fed her and the dogs and then myself, checked my email, started another load of laundry, dressed her, dressed me and RUSHED out the door to meet a friend at storytime at the library at 10 a.m. I left about 5 min. late but still made it in time.... to be told that it was cancelled today! Ugh! But, we made lemonade out of lemons and the 4 of us- 2 moms, 2 babies, braved a boutique sale and Wal-mart. I came home and fed Little Miss and put her to bed. She didn't cry at all and slept for 2 hours and 15 min. I did not know what to do with myself. Her humidifier broke last week and I haven't taken it in for exchange, so I have to be more quiet than usual and the laundry room is right next to her room so I sat down and watched 7/8ths of a movie. It has been FOREVER since I sat down that long. It felt great. She woke up, I turned on Barney and got back to laundry and got a wild hair to reorganize her closet and move all the "baby" stuff that she will never use again out and (mom, where are you??) I am about to go through all the baby clothes and put them in bags by size in case we are blessed with another little girl in the future. On a side note, I really want LM to have a sister. She ate dinner at 4:30, bath at 5:00, played until 5:40 (which allowed me time to watch the last 1/8th of the movie) and was in bed at 5:50! I just had to blog and give thanks to God for an amazing day... playtime and work all rolled into one.
Today was the first time in ages that LM was not fussy. She didn't fuss at all (you know, more than a wimper when she wanted something) until after her nap. I was very concerned that naps were ceasing to exist when, for the last two weeks, she has screamed everytime we lay her down for naps, but has been doing fine at bedtime. I am hoping that it is just her teeth coming through that were causing so many problems.
So, I am headed to the kitchen to make some soup for dinner and the hubby will be late soooo I may be able to sneak in some Y&R (Young & the Restless) before he gets home.
Our love to all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment