Hello everyone! Sorry I haven't written in a while. Between my many trips (4 to be exact) to the Department of Motor Vehicles and doctors appointments and chasing after Little Bit, we have been quite busy! We miss you all though and think of you daily. I am sorry I haven't stayed in touch very well lately.
For a while I have felt like (more like KNEW) we were moved here in God's will, but it still didn't make it "feel" like home. Quite honestly, materialistically, we missed our house in Florida. It (the house) was home. My hubby and I would talk about it daily. One of us would have a bewildered look on our face and the other would ask why and that was what he or I would have been thinking about.... the house! Okay, I am being serious when I tell you that it is Satan that makes us miss a house! Come on, follow me for a moment. Home is where the heart is and my heart is in what I do everyday... be a wife and a mother to two fantastic people. This house is just a house! That house was just a house! I say all of this to tell you that I, actually WE, took steps last week, major steps to make this house a home... and it's working! Praise God.
We hung 29 pictures last weekend... family pictures, photos and things that take these walls and turn them into memories. I walk in and see all the smiling faces from memories in the past and am covered with HOME! It is amazing what bringing pictures into an emotionally empty place will do for you.
We also had six of our friends over for dinner and had a really good time. Don't get me wrong, when there is food involved, I always have a good time, but the girls got to watch a chick flick and guys played some playstation 3! Fun times!
So, getting to the why we know we made the right move part. We have met (more like God has put in our path) sooo many amazing people. The funny thing is, there are so many for so many different needs. We have awesome neighbors and an amazing playgroup as well as a mom's group at our church. Our sunday school class is filled with so many hearts for God and we are just really enjoying it here. I already have 5 or 6 people that I could call to watch Little Bit if an emergency arose. There are so many wonderful mothers with the same goal that I have... to raise my little girl the best way I know how... with help and guidance from people who have gone through it before me.
Well, the whole house is up now, so I am going to go play with my family. Have a wonderful Saturday!
Kroger Weekly Ad: 9/9-9/15
4 days ago

1 comment:
So glad you are feeling more at home! I'm so use to being in the same place - I think I would feel bewildered at first in a new place. Great to have already found good friends, too!
Post a Comment