(editors note: If you haven't read the judgmental people post, scroll down and come back to this one immediately after reading it. Otherwise, it may not make any sense.)
Okay, the fact that this is still causing mental clutter tells me I have more to say, so here it goes:
I was speaking with someone the other day about my decision to vaccinate my child and she said that she didn't agree with parents that don't vaccinate. I think the reason that the comments I saw about "people like me" being so "horrible" bothered me because I defended parents who choose not to vaccinate. I vaccinate because I would be unable to live with myself if there was a preventable disease via vaccination and I didn't vaccinate, but do understand the possible trauma that can be a result of all the needles. So, I got so fired up (and still am) because I defended other parent's choices to refrain and all they can do is make general comments that people like me need a pet. Really? Couldn't I turn that around?
Also, the sad part is as moms we need each other. We need to team up, learn from each other and then make our own ways using pieces of what we learned and do our best. That is all I want to do. To raise a God-loving, kind-hearted, happy and healthy little girl.
If anyone could ever believe that it doesn't hurt one of us "horrible people" to hear our babies cry and that we have a hard heart, you are more wrong than I could ever say. It hurts SOOO much. I feel like I have the flu (you know that achy I can't even move b/c it makes me want to crawl in a ball and cry). It is the most pain I have ever felt next to giving birth. So, just know, we don't do it for pleasure, we do it because we feel like it is the best thing for our babies and we endure the pain for their good.
I also want to clarify, I TRY to not be judgmental. I am not saying I am perfect and never have or never will, but it is something I try to avoid daily. I struggle just like every other human being. There was only one perfect son and He has come and is at the right hand of the Father.
I do not mind that not everyone agrees with us. I am okay with that. I wish others could feel the same way and realize that their way is not necessarily the "right way" either and just be quiet instead of putting people down that don't do it their "right way."
Our love to all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I so agree. I had a similar vent post one time about how competitive moms get and how their way is the "right way". I think it's great that we can all choose what is right for our own child - that may differ from someone elses. But, at the end of the day, it's our child and we make those choices. No one else. Anyways, I could go on for days. I hate the judgemental yuck that goes on. It's wonderful to have people that have different ways of doing things - it would be pretty boring otherwise. ;)
Post a Comment